Bot-commander example "Loading..."

Hello,
I have been working on a polling application but was roadblocked by needing a back end. Now that the configuration service is up I have been trying to use it to take care of my data (from what I have been told I do not need a big backend for this project and the new service should be all I need)

I have been trying to use the “bot-commander” example as a good skeleton to fit my code around. From what I understand, the broadcaster config asks for a command and a description from the user. Once entered they press add etc. My problem is the broadcaster config just says loading. It is from this code in ConfigPage.js

render(){
if(this.state.finishedLoading && this.Authentication.isModerator()){
return(

<div className={this.state.theme===‘light’ ? ‘Config-light’ : ‘Config-dark’}>
<ConfigContainer commands={this.state.commands} saveConfig={(commands)=>this.saveConfig(commands)}/>

)
}
else{
return(

<div className={this.state.theme===‘light’ ? ‘Config-light’ : ‘Config-dark’}>
Loading…

)
}
}
}

Has anyone come into this as well. I have followed the instructions from both the rig and the readme for the bot-commander. My guess is something to do with the Authentication. I am currently running it in local mode. Thank you for you help.

Well if it’s staying on loading then that means this.state.finishedLoading && this.Authentication.isModerator() must be false at the time it’s evaluated. So your first point of investigation would be to look into what’s setting the state and see if finishedLoading is being changed or not, and secondly if this.Authentication.isModerator() is returning the correct value.

I can’t be sure without seeing the rest of your code, but if you suspect it’s the authentication causing the issue it could be the page loads, is rendered, and then the Authentication takes place but if you don’t re-render the component then this.Authentication.isModerator() is never checked again.

Or it could be as simple as your this.Authentication.isModerator() is only checking if they’re a moderator… which they wont be, as this is the config page, so they’d be a broadcaster role, not moderator. Again, without seeing the rest of your code I can’t be sure, you’ll have to show it all or debug a bit yourself

The code is the example “Bot-Commander” that comes with the rig. Should I still post it