How to send a chat message to twitch?

Is there a way to send a chat message to certain channel without using embed chat or irc?
I develop a android app and want to send chat message from my app to twitch
I try to embed chat using official embed official, I loading the chat html with webview, but it seems impossible to login.

I try to find a irc library but there seems to be no suitable one.

so, is there a simple way to send a chat message to certain channel ?

The documentation at

Covers how to embed chat

And the documentation at

Covers IRC connectivity documentation

1 Like

I don’t know IRC very well and I have a question.
If i want to know the chat room settings(e.g. followers-only / subs-only) , what should I send to the server? I read the documentation at offical irc document and It confuses me. Like below:

It’s mean that I should send the below msg to check whether the chat room is subs-only?

CAP REQ :twitch.tv/ROOMSTATE(subs-only)

Your application tells the IRC server which capabilities it supports. You’ll need twitch.tv/tags (enables the additional data on commands) and twitch.tv/commands (Twitch’s set of custom commands).

You can enable these capabilities using CAP REQ:

CAP REQ :twitch.tv/tags twitch.tv/commands

When you start listening to messages on a channel using JOIN, and every time after that chat room settings are changed, you will receive a ROOMSTATE message. Parse the information you’re interested in from these messages.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.