/kraken/streams?game=<game> intermittently returning streams for ALL games

I was going to report this on the other thread about the /streams endpoint being unstable, but I saw someone else reported the same thing and was instructed to make a new thread, so I’m making a new thread about it.

I have been using the Twitch API to query for all the channels that are currently live for a particular game (Android: Netrunner, in my case) using the following path: https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/streams?game=Android:%20Netrunner. I have been passing along my Client-ID, and have not been querying more than once per minute.

Within the last few days (first recorded instance on June 21st at 11:44pm EST), this endpoint would return a list of top live streams for all games, rather than just streams for the game that I was querying for. This behavior seems to be intermittent, and appears to fix itself on its own, but according to my logs it seems to be happening once every several hours. I haven’t been able to nail down a definite interval, but it’s definitely more than once per day.

This exact code has been working unmodified without issue for several months, but I haven’t seen any change to the Twitch API that might have precipitated this change in behavior. I tried reducing my query rate to every 2 minutes, and every 5 minutes, but the problem continued.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! Do you know if it is more frequent with games with spaces in the name? The reported cases have spaces in the names except for one. Interested if there is a pattern here. :slight_smile:

This is the only game I have tested with, unfortunately.

It’s still happening here, spaces don’t seem to make a difference. It has happened with “Warsow” and “Xonotic” as well. It also just seems to happen at completely random times.

Happens to me too… Soulcalibur II, Soulcalibur Broken Destiny, Soulcalibur IV

Same thing has been happening to us with Prismata.

Here’s a copy of the bug report we submitted: http://imgur.com/sSiMOv4

Where did you submit the bug report? I’m asking the internal teams about this, FYI.

Tweeted to @TwitchSupport last week and @TwitchDev as well, didn’t get a response from either.

The last time the API started bugging out, I just msged a friend of mine who works as a developer at Twitch and he got it sorted out in a few hours… unfortunately, he no longer works there.

@TwitchSupport likely wouldn’t respond to an API bug report. @TwitchDev is the right place, and I run that account. I saw your tweet after I saw this post and figured we would just keep it here. :slight_smile:

We’re working on a fix for this right now.

This should be fixed. Let me know if you still see the issue!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.