Advanced HTML Embeding

Goal

I’m attempting to use the Twitch video embed as a Live Video Background WITHOUT he interactive aspects. I have attempted it 2 ways: A) limiting its space in css into a banner section or B) fullscreen no div/sections. I can get the video working using

<!-- Add a placeholder for the Twitch embed -->
    <div id="twitch-embed"></div>
    <!-- Load the Twitch embed script -->
    <script src="https://embed.twitch.tv/embed/v1.js"></script>
    <!-- Create a Twitch.Embed object that will render within the "twitch-embed" root element. -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
      new Twitch.Embed("twitch-embed", {
        width: "100%",
        height: "100%",
        channel: "kira",
        theme: "dark",
        chat: "mobile",
        allowfullscreen: "false",
        layout: "video"
      });
    </script>

But there are still interactive elements of twitch that interfere with elements of my website (IE: Menubar’s for Live Banner/Landing pages). I’ve tried all I can think of… Am I missing something in the Twitch API to disable any HUD/VOD stuff. I’m hoping to setup hosting on my channel to give my website a fresh and lively background :slight_smile:

No, you can’t do what you describe. Using the approved embed methods.

There will always be the player controls and title/status information for the stream

yea thats the code that I posted which is missing from my post now. but same code. i have it set to video only which got rid of chat but looking to remove the mouse-over twitch menu

You cannot remove the mouse over Twitch Menu.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.