I have a very bad problem I can’t solve by myself. I hope you can help me
I have written a Twitch extension for PC (not released, yet). It all worked well and because I’m satisfied with the current state of the extension, I have decided to release the 1.0.0 version of it. But then, I just thought of whether it would work on mobile, too.
So I activated mobile view of it and it looked exactly like on the PC. But then a message occurred, that my backend is not available (message for the user; errors are logged).
Here some facts and things I’ve already tested:
- On PC, it works in Chrome, Edge and Firefox on Windows.
- My smartphone is Android 10 (Sony Xperia).
- My smartphone can access my backend via Chrome, but not from inside Twitch app.
- It cannot be a CORS problem. Methods, Headers and Origins are all allowed.
- It cannot be a SSL problem. A valid certificate is installed and works perfectly on PC.
- I have tried to set a manifest.xml with internet permissions, but it didn’t work either. I’m also not very sure if I have done it correctly.
< ?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?>
< manifest xmlns:android=“http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android” android:versionCode=“1” android:versionName=“1.0” package=“de.windernet.wppft”>
< uses-permission android:name=“android.permission.INTERNET”/>
I embed the manifest via:
< link rel=“manifest” href=“manifest.xml” />
I can’t figure out what the reason is, that the mobile version can’t access my backend and the PC version can. Can you help me?