Announcing API endpoints for Twitch emotes

Yes, that would be an excellent tool - a way to list emote set IDs for Twitch unlockable emote sets (the hype train sets, “2020 Hindsight”, the 2FA ones, Turbo, etc). The emotes in them are public; whether or not someone has them might be private.

It’s pretty straight-forward. https://api.twitch.tv/helix/chat/emotes/set?emote_set_id=477339272 returns {"data": []} . I was using a generic login token that I use for “non-authenticated” API calls, which is associated with my Twitch account named Rosuav; if it’d make a difference to use a different token or an app token, I would be very surprised.

There may be a wrinkle with some of these emote sets in that they are not unlocked as a single block. Hype train emotes are a great example of this - they’re logically a single block, but you unlock them one by one. I’m not sure whether that means they’re a single emote_set_id or thirty individual ones. TBH I’d be okay with either, but if they’re thirty separate ones, then it would be incredibly helpful to have an emote set grouping indicator that says “hey, these thirty should logically be shown together” (think about how the on-platform emote picker groups them all).