API V3 deprecation date?

The V3 API was originally supposed to be killed on Feb. 14 2018 I believe in favor of V5, but now with the announcement of the new API the intro of that post said

We’ve released an all-new API! [...]. v3 and v5 are now deprecated with a removal date 
of December 31, 2018.

So is the v3 removal now also pushed back to Dec. 31 2018 or is that only for V5?

Just asking because I have a few old tools still on V3 that I haven’t gotten around to update yet and if that’s the case then going straight from v3 to the new api whenever that’s ready would be less wasted time/work.

It looks to me like you’re correct. Both v3 AND v5 will now be removed on the 31st of December 2018.
As shown at the bottom of the page here, “Which API Version Can You Use” : https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/v5/guides

1 Like

I have the same issue. I was going to update to v5, but now with that also being deprecated I might as well wait for this new API. Speaking of which, when is it supposed to be available?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.