Best way to grant additional permissions?

Implementing a feature into my project, I want users to be able to explicitly grant a specific permission (channel_editor) at the point they require it - I don’t want it to be a part of the original connection process.

What’s the best way to go about this? I tried going down the route of https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/oauth2/authorize?response_type=code&… but this ended up overwriting existing scope permissions, rather than adding to. Is the only way to include existing + new permissions or is there a more elegant solution?

Sorry if this is documented - I did look through the auth guide but I couldn’t see anything that was of use.

Many thanks

Jon

Scopes do get overwritten. Instead of changing scopes as users require them, I have opted to request what I need from the start. This makes it more simple in the case where you need to reauthorize accounts (due to issues out of your control, like a user revoking permission from the “Connections” page or Twitch’s security breach where everyone’s access tokens expired).

Thanks for the reply. I guess collecting them from the start certainly makes life easier, it’s just I do feel some users will be hesitant to allow X Y and Z and therefore may turn away from the service. We’ll see. I have it fetching existing permissions and then adding to those permissions at the moment so I’ll run with that until it becomes noticeably problematic…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.