Blacklist / Detect regex for /me command

Hi there!

Is there a valid regex for the /me command that bots (such as nightbot) can pick up?

I’ve been doing loads of searching trying to find a solution to this, but essentially I’d like to either get nightbot to be able to blacklist usage of the /me command, OR look into creating my own bot that can at least respond to usage of the /me command.

The best lead I found so far was by @matt_thomas, here; The /me command - #5 by matt_thomas?

You could try adding this string as a ban word to a bot.

Unicode character
\x{1} - soh start of heading

this regex would match an emote text from ‘/me’

(x{1}ACTION)(.*)(\x{1})

And the nightbot documentation claims it can blacklist regex, but I cannot for the life of me get it to work.

https://docs.nightbot.tv/spam-protection/blacklist

Am I doing it wrong? Is it just nightbot that isn’t capable of managing this? Or is it impossible for any bots / APIs to do?

Disclaimer: I am a total novice to this sort of stuff. I’m a fast learner, but I’m very much a beginner in this territory, so apologies if anything I said is monumentally stupid sounding x)

1 Like

is the regex I use.

refer to the file on how it’s implemented since this regex runs after another regex/some IRC parsing from raw IRC

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.