Broadcaster Notifications (how many viewers a host is sending)

Now we’ve probably all seen broadcaster notifications. Where we are informed in our chat that X has hosted us for X amount of viewers. And other 3rd party apps have to some extent harnessed this information.

What is the cleanest, most efficient way to get this information without a host being activated? Keeping the amount of requests to a minimum.

Basically I’m trying to see how many people are “viewing” my stream when i’m offline, by that, I mean if at any point I was to host someone, how many viewers would I be sending.

There is no way to check the number of people looking at your channel at any given time without actually hosting someone. You can do a very vague approximate by looking at the viewer list, but you have to keep in mind people lurking in the chat during off-hours often use chat-only clients, and most clients (other than the official website) don’t support the hosting feature.

sub ‘viewer list’ / ‘chatter list’

Viewers are anonymous. Chatters are the only thing you can see, and as ventic said, they can be afk, or chat only clients.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.