Can't subscribe to chat moderator action PubSub topic

I’m trying to subscribe to the chat moderator action PubSub topic, but no matter what I send to listen I always receive “ERR_BADAUTH” from the server. I’m stringifying the object below as the body of my request. The auth token is valid and has every scope allowed (just for testing). I’m testing on my own channel (ID 45447900), so I’m the owner, and I’m subscribing to one of my mods (ID 53439393).

{
    "type": "LISTEN",
    "nonce": "myspecialnoncehere",
    "data": {
        "topics": ["chat_moderator_actions.53439393.45447900"],
        "auth_token": "valid_auth_token"
    }
};

No matter what I do, this is always the reply:

{"type":"RESPONSE","error":"ERR_BADAUTH","nonce":"myspecialnoncehere"}

As per this thread

chat_moderator_actions.{user_id}.{room_id}

Where room_id is the room you want to subscribe to AKA broadcaster
And user_id is the user_id of the owner of then oAuth token

You are trying to auth as a different user to the one specific in your topic.

1 Like

Based on the replies, the OP there in question originally said they planned to open it up to other mods in the same channel. That was removed, and the wording now seems to imply to me that mods can subscribe to other mods. This is the case in production, as I can see the names of the other mods in chat itself. I don’t see why it would be different here.

Actually, I’m an idiot, I see what you’re saying. I thought I was subscribing to each other mod, so I would need to provide their IDs. Now I see I’m putting in my own ID and it will send me everything. Thank you so much, I appreciate it!

yeeeeeah no :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem!

Was that behavior changed at some point? Bcs I remember it working differently some time ago.

Maybe my memories were wrong ¯\(ツ)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.