''channel-bits-events'' PubSub topic and bits spent on an extension

Hello,

Has anyone tried subscribing to “channel-bits-events” in order to get notified when users spent bits on an extension?
According to the docs, for the channel-bits-events topic: ‘‘You are notified when … anyone cheers in a specified channel.’’
I was wondering, does this include bits spent on extensions?

It does not. As the bits are not spent in the channel, they are spent in the extension.

That’s interesting…
I was really hoping it would.

Is there a way for a 3rd party service, sitting outside of Twitch, to get notified when bits are spent in an extension for a channel?

The only way I can think of at the moment, is opening a WebSocket connection from that 3rd party service to my extension EBS - which is obviously notified by my extension front-end the moment bits are spent.
But I was hoping to avoid that.

No. There is a security and privacy concern with this information which is why it’s not on any “public” feed.

EBS developers for a extension are welcome to do what they want with Extension Bits Purchase information, but that has to be sent out bound from the EBS to wherever.

I see. Thanks a lot!

No. There is a security and privacy concern with this information which is why it’s not on any “public” feed.

Sorry, what do you mean by security and privacy concerns?
What’s the difference between the information provided when bits are spent on cheering, to bits spent in an extension?
The flow would still be the same, I would ask the user for permission to read bits information on their channel, generate the Authentication token and so on…

It’s something that third party developers have discussed at length, and it would take a while to cover everything that we discussed relating to the subject.