Channel Followers Endpoint Returns 0 Followers Sometimes

Hi,

I can successfully request a channels followers using the endpoint /channel/:id/followers.
However sometimes the endpoint returns 0 followers instead of an error where there should actually be followers for a channel.

To give you an example:

I’m trying to get all followers of a my channel with 400 followers. I’m requesting 100 followers each time and following the cursor to get the next 100. My logs kind of look like this:

100 followers fetched (Channel XYZ)
0 followers fetched (Channel XYZ)
No more followers for channel XYZ. Cursor equals last cursor.

As you can see in the middle all of a sudden the API returned 0 followers but a cursor which I can use to jump to the next result set.

Does this always happen, or is it intermittent? I’m curious if that third request is getting load balanced to another server with a different result set (hence why nothing is returned).

I’m trying to give you with as much information as I can get out of my logs.

It doesn’t happen always, but minimum once or twice a day. According to my logs last time it happened was January 06 08:14:37 GMT +1. It lasted about a minute. All requests in this timeframe returned 0 followers and no error.

I mentioned earlier that absolutely no errors were thrown by the API but it seems like that’s wasn’t true. At Jan 06 08:13:51 GMT +1 the request returned the following error.

{“error”:“Internal Server Error”,“status”:500,“message”:""}

Not really helpful to me, but maybe your logs give you a better insight into what happened.
After that error the API returned an empty followers array on every request for about a minute (instead of continuing to give me an error that I can handle gracefully), doesn’t matter if I start fetching the followers from scratch or if I fetch them from another user. Everyone has an empty followers array.

It happened again today at about Jan 07 07:49:16 GMT +1 for about 10 minutes. Within this timeframe some results returned 0 followers and many worked as expected. My logs show no errors being returned by the API this time.

I’ve also noticed similar things with creating/deleting reactions to posts/comments. At random times the returned response content would be empty with either a 400 or 500 error, but the operation would still be successful. Sometimes it also happens while creating posts as well. So far I have found no reliable way to reproduce this.

You describe a different problem.

In my case the returned response is empty, but there’s no error. Status code is 200 OK.

I mentioned earlier that absolutely no errors were thrown by the API but it seems like that’s wasn’t true. At Jan 06 08:13:51 GMT +1 the request returned the following error.

{“error”:“Internal Server Error”,“status”:500,“message”:“”}

Any updates?

No update. The team is investigating it. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.