Chat bot account got muted

I’ve made a auto reply chat bot by using tmi.js, the main function is:

1. auto replying key words;
  2. auto greeting fist messages.

But my bot account got muted the second time I use it.
I thought it was my problem, so I just signed up another account, and this account got muted too. So I come here to see if there are something wrong I did?

What I saw is:

1. When I say something through tmi.js, there’s totally nothing happened.
  2. When I manually type words in the chat box and push the send button, only myself can see the message, no others can see them.
  3. I don’t see any banned or suspended or deactivated notice, everything look all right, except that others can’t see me. I’m sure the streamer won’t ban me because we know each other and we’ve talked about the developing of chat bot.
  4. The two accounts was both muted right after the FIRST auto reply on the SECOND time I use them, I don’t know if that can help finding the problem.

The two account was:

chenxiaofabot
xiaofa67373

Thanks !

Not sure what you mean by “muted”.

The only things I know of are

• banned from the channel, which you know about
  • you get globalled, which prevents you from connecting to chat at all for 30 minutes
  • account suspended from Twitch, so you can’t login to the account at all.

It kinda sounds like you might refer to the account being blocked from the destination channel due to moderator monitoring/blocking the account(s) you are using. But you can’t monitor a mod really. And the accounts you are using are being flagged on the channel as a ban evader. So the mods can see it but regular chatters cannot.

For account problems please reach out to support.

https://help.twitch.tv/

Check the raw response log in case you are not catching a error/server response or tmi.js is intreprating and eating it.

Thanks for your reply!
I checked the three status, I’m not them:

• banned from the channel, which you know about

I see no sign of banned

• you get globalled, which prevents you from connecting to chat at all for 30 minutes

My chat won’t be seen by others has last for several days, and still the same.

• account suspended from Twitch, so you can’t login to the account at all.

I can login

And I was not blocked by the destination channel, my chat can’t be seen in ALL channels, even the streamer can’t see them (we’ve tested that).

https://help.twitch.tv/

I’ll go on searching for the answer, if there’s no solution finally, I will ask the support for help, thank you very much.

Check the raw response log in case you are not catching a error/server response or tmi.js is intreprating and eating it.

I’ve check that, I think there’s no problem because everything can be “console.logged” properly. And when I switch to another account (which is my third bot account), everything went right again.

Thanks for your answer again! Maybe I will contact the support later.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.