Chrome extension oauth login

I’m trying to figure out the best way to log into twitch via oauth while using a chrome extension. I can get the redirect just fine to a remote server but I can’t think of a way to get the token to the chrome extension to load the info.

Has anyone done this before that can give some pointers on the direction to go?

Have you looked into using implicit grant flow? It doesn’t require the use of an external server: https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/blob/master/authentication.md#implicit-grant-flow

It still requires a static redirect link so I can’t have it push straight to the extension. I guess I need to just use javascript to pull the token from the url on the static page after logging in via the implicit.

I thought Chrome extensions had a specific unique identifier of some sort? Something along the lines of chrome-extension://identifier/index.html
I have never worked with extensions, but I was under that impression.

They do but I was not sure if they persisted across separate installations. I’ll have to look into that more. Thanks though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.