Did the config page change dimensions?

I noticed yesterday that the configuration page has changed dimensions.

Is there an official blog post documenting the update, that I’m missing?

oh my god, I’m going to have to run to update, broke the preview of my configuration page :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

The general consensus is that no one was informed about this change at all. Either before or after it happened.

oh what :roll_eyes:

Yeah spotted this on the 24th and mentioned it in the DevServer…

SURPRISE CHANGE!

It’s not even in the dev docs change log/release notes…

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the feedback. We updated the configuration page to now be a modal to help get streamers to their management tab sooner (so they may see to activate your extensions much faster without having to go back to Discovery first). As the original requirements were 700px fixed height and a dynamic width, we retained the height, but updated to accommodate a 660px width.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you regarding your configuration page, it was my miss for us to get this change messaged here and we’ll look to provide a heads up on these changes in the future. We’ll also ensure the width is updated in the docs. Thanks!

1 Like

We have also heard feedback on the width in general with the modal and have investigated a better option. We are looking to update the modal so it’s now 80% of the browser window. This largely supports how extension configuration pages worked in the past and would allow the window to dynamically change as originally required.

We will only cap the iframe at 1100px if the 80% of the browser exceeds that to support an easier view of the configuration for streamers on small to mid-sized screens.

We are looking to push this update out tomorrow so it can hopefully rectify the issues most of you are seeing. Again we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback.

1 Like