Error on socket connection

Hi, I’m trying to connect to my channel using node.js and twitch-irc module. When I do it in my local server, everything works fine but when I try it on my production server I get an “EPIPE” error(The local end has been shut down on a connection oriented socket).

I already cleaned my iptables, disabled my firewall, and a force shutdown to server

What else could it be the problem ? Any bit of help is very appreciated

We’ll probably need some more information to help debug. I’m not super familiar with the twitch-irc node.js package, but a place to start in order to narrow it down:

Are you able to telnet to the twitch IRC server from outside of your application?

>telnet irc.twitch.tv 6667                                                                                                                                                                                                   Tue May 26 19:49:20 UTC 2015
Trying 192.16.64.152...
Connected to irc.twitch.tv.
Escape character is '^]'.
NICK test
:tmi.twitch.tv NOTICE * :Error logging in

Hi @eac, first of all thank you for your answer

and yes, I just did telnet to twitch IRC and everything worked as you menttioned.

What else could I try to find the problem ?

Edit:

Sometimes I get this line after few seconds of none activity

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.