EventSub Token Authorization error

Hello, I’m trying to make EventSub when user when the user redeemed the points reward. I have got problem with Token Authorization.

As evidenced by the documentation, I have to set token scope to channel:read:redemptions or channel:manage:redemptions (EventSub Subscription Types | Twitch Developers).

I did as the documentation says, but it has no effect. This is my command:

curl -d client_id=CLIENT_ID -d client_secret=CLIENT_SECRET -d grant_type=client_credentials -d scope=channel:read:redemptions https://id.twitch.tv/oauth2/token

output:

{"access_token":"MY_TOKEN","expires_in":5248329,"scope":["channel:read:redemptions"],"token_type":"bearer"}

But I have got error when I’m trying to add channel.channel_points_custom_reward_redemption.add subscription subscription missing proper authorization:

Everything works fine for me when I set my subscription to e.g. channel.follow, so I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

You’re using the wrong Authentication flow. You can’t get user permissions from an App token, as that token doesn’t represent a user, you need to use the Auth Code Flow so that the user can grant your app those permissions.

Once the user has connected to your app and explicitly allowed it those permissions, THEN you use an App token from the Client Credentials flow to create the EventSub subscription.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.