First time accessing an API - Beginner

I’m following the steps on the documentation, Twitch API Concepts | Twitch Developers and as I’m on windows I’m copying this curl code with my client id and secret id:

curl -X POST "https://id.twitch.tv/oauth2/token" ^
-H "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" ^
-d "client_id=<your client id goes here>&client_secret=<your client secret goes here>&grant_type=client_credentials"

once I run it on my cmd I get this error
curl: (35) schannel: next InitializeSecurityContext failed: Unknown error (0x80092012) - The revocation function was unable to check revocation for the certificate.

I am unable to fix it, searched about it and there was a fix, tried to use it by adding ssl-no-revoke and the output is:

{“status”:400,“message”:“invalid client”}

Is it working or not? Any suggestion regarding the error?

This would indicate that the specified client_id is not a valid client id.

Or when you copy/pasted included extra characters such as a space on the end by accident

Also worth nothing that on windows it is potentially possible that you invoked invoke-webrequest rather than cURL

This likely indicates a fault or issue with your local SSL configuation, usually cert bundle out of date is the common culprit.

I have been very careful while copying/pasting and tried multiple times, didn’t work.
It may be cert bundle because I followed a documentation online to install the curl and there was the cert bundle, I don’t remember if it was redirecting me to the curl website or a third party website, so that might be the case, I’ll try to install another cert bundle and let you know, thanks for the reply!

Solved the issue fortunately, just had to remove the <>

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.