Getting Channel User List (Small channels and 1000+ user channels)

Hey everyone,

I have been making a new JAVA based bot that combines lots of features of existing services.

The problem that I am having is when I have it in a channel with more than 1000 users it does not show the names list. I know this is intentional as the API:

NAMES (Twitch Membership)
List current chatters in a channel. If there are more than 1000 chatters in a room, NAMES return only the list of operator privileges currently in the room.

Due to this restriction, I have made the bot get its user list from https://tmi.twitch.tv/group/user/[CHANNEL_NAME]/chatters but this only returns the user names. Based off that I get batches of 100 users to get their IDs using the /users?login=[USERS] endpoint.

The problem that I’m having is that this list only shows usernames and ids. Is there an easy way to get whether they are a subscriber and/or follower without messaging the API potentially thousands of times?

I need the full list of users so lurkers can also benefit from services such as points.

Thanks
-Addramyr

You can get a list of all subscribers and followers for the channel, update those every once in awhile and compare the chatters list against them to cut down on API calls.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.