Has anyone ever tested EventSocket?

Hello, I came across this github project called EventSocket (GitHub - Brendonovich/eventsocket: Twitch's EventSub API over WebSockets): “EventSocket provides a WebSocket server that forwards events from EventSub webhooks to any WebSocket client, as well as providing a UI for enabling EventSub subscriptions.”

I would like to use it for different projects while waiting for the official socket but I would like to know if you think it is possible to use it in JS, in browser. For example: inside a StreamElements custom widget? I can’t create a connection right now.

Rather than faff about with a forwarder, I’d wait for the open beta for EventSockets which is coming soon

Personally I’d never use this but then I consume eventsub into my server and forward out over a regular websocket instead. Great for “heres what you missed as you disconnected briefly”

You’d think for StreamElements that any data you need you can get for StreamElements system rather than making additional connections to Twitch.

Thank you for the quick reply.
I’d like to retrieve the events of the Hype Train (this is impossible on StreamElements with the API available) for the moment but this tool let me imagine even more possibilities, that’s why I’m trying to see how to use it.

as a third party tool, you won’t be able to get much help with it here. You’ll get better help with it by contacting the author of that tool.

You can probably request them to extend their support.

Yes, I did… :expressionless: Other people have done it too

Thank you for your time, I will see what I can do.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.