Hello world not working

Hi to all,
I feel a little dumb asking this question, but I can’t figure out how to solve. I’ve followed the tutorial found here: https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/extensions
I’ve created the file panel.html and I’ve uploaded the zip folder using the Twitch dashboard of the Extension I’ve created. Then I’ve configured the name of the panel view with panel.html, saved and moved the status from local to hosted. However, once installed the extension on my channel and placed it on a panel it does not shows anything.
I’m missing something?
Thank you all in advance for your help!

Are you zipping the folder, or just the files inside it? The zip that’s uploaded to Twitch should have the HTML files at the root of the zip, and not inside any folder.

Hi, I’ve zipped the folder directly and the folder contains only panel.html
Is that right or do I have to zip the file directly?

You should zip the files inside the folder, not the folder itself.

Thank you very much, solved. Just another question: do I have to link somehow the panel.js and panel.html files? I.e do I have to include the js file in html or Twitch will take care of it?

An extension is just a webpage, you have to include all of the client-side assets such as HTML, JS, CSS, images etc… and then the HTML file will load those files just like a webpage would, with the appropriate HTML elements.

Thanks, however I’ve noticed that if I insert the js code directly in the html file it works offline, but once loaded inside Twitch it does not works anymore. It simply creates a new row on button click. Is there something particular do I have to take care?

If the button isn’t working then it sounds like you’re using inline javascript, such as onClick. If you look at your developer console you’ll see what errors are given.

Thanks, finally solved. It was due to Jquery import. I was importing it directly from the google page, but Twitch was denying such download. Reading docs I found that all libraries must be downloaded and included in the project. Doing that I fixed the problem.

Thank you very much Dist! Hopefully, I can return the favor sometime.