Hosted Test Failure

Greetings. I’ve scoured through discussions to try and determine the issue but cannot nail it down. I’ll try to include all relevant information from what I’ve seen posted.

I have a basic extension that when loaded sends a request for json data then fills in the elements of the page with that data. I’m doing the hosted test and in the browser logs, it shows request being fulfilled without issue however in FF and Chrome after the request is made the extension goes blank. Obviously right before the request is made the html is visible but afterwards it goes blank. Tested on Edge browser and it works just fine.

Also, I’ve loaded the URL of the extension https://[ID].ext-twitch.tv/[ID]/0.6/[MD5]/video_component.html?anchor=component&language=en&locale=en-US&mode=viewer&state=hosted_test&platform=web which of course works fine and no errors in browser console.

• Local test was fine (standalone and developer rig).
  • Only works on Edge, not FF or Chrome.
  • Disabled all extensions from Chrome.
  • All files are included with relative paths.

There is one error in Chrome Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided and I’ve seen replies that this is not relevant.

FWIW this is the head of the html with script loading.
<script src="https://extension-files.twitch.tv/helper/v1/twitch-ext.min.js"></script>
<script src="js/jquery-3.3.1.min.js"></script>
<script src="js/viewer.min.js"></script>

Any insight into why this is happening would be great. Been banging my head on this for a couple of hours.

Cheers.

EDIT: All of a sudden FF is working. Nothing has been changed since original post. Chrome still not working though.

More testing in Chrome.

The data retrieved by the json request IS being filled into the elements on the page. Inspecting the iframe of the extension shows everything is fine. In fact, I can select all within that iframe on the player and copy the contents, it’s just not visible. Links that are in the extension are clickable, just not visible.

Also, since it’s in a hosted test, I have to click ACCEPT one initial load. If I click ACCEPT and do not move my mouse, the initial page is visible, as soon as the mouse moves it disappears. This is extremely odd behavior.

Can anyone point me in a direction?