How the removal of Channel Feed and Pulse affects the Twitch API v5

Based on feedback from streamers, a plan was announced in May to remove Pulse and Channel Feed from Twitch. Please read the linked article for the details as to why these features are being removing and the steps being taken for the removal.

We wanted to provide additional context as to how this affects the v5 Channel Feed endpoints. On or after July 12, the following changes to the data returned can be expected. The intention of these changes is to continue support for outdated apps including our own. The endpoints will continue to operate in this manner for at least 6 months.

GET Endpoints

• New behavior:
    • We will return a 410 Gone HTTP status code. An object will be returned with an empty “posts” array and a “message” key with the value: “warning: this endpoint has been deprecated”
  • Applies to:
    • Get Multiple Feed Posts
    • Get Feed Post
    • Get Feed Comments

POST Endpoints

• New behavior:
    • We will return a 410 Gone HTTP status code. An object will be returned with a “message” key with the value: “warning: this endpoint has been deprecated”
  • Applies to:
    • Create Feed Post
    • Create Reaction to a Feed Post
    • Create Feed Comment
    • Create Reaction to a Feed Comment

DELETE Endpoints

• New behavior:
    • We will return a 410 Gone HTTP status code. An object will be returned with a “message” key with the value: “warning: this endpoint has been deprecated”
  • Applies to:
    • Delete Reaction to a Feed Post
    • Delete Feed Post
    • Delete Feed Comment
    • Delete Reaction to a Feed Comment

Should you have any questions about these changes, please include them below.

1 Like

Hi!
Thank you for this update!
Sorry for bothering, but just to clarify - would you also going to remove channel_feed_enabled parameter from the update channel endpoint?

I would assume so, but let me confirm with the engineering team.

1 Like

I’ve confirmed that “channel_feed_enabled” will be removed, but not until the end of August when the entire product removal is complete.

Thanks for the update!

1 Like