How to execute a .bat file with a command (with a cooldown by user if possible) on the twitch chat

I have different .bat associated with google home, which allows me to change my led’s color. If I execute the .batch, it changes the color, so I need to create different commands to execute that .batch from the chat.

Thanks you.

The Chat Guide in the docs includes an example of how to create a bot that connects to chat and performs a function when there is a command https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/irc

All you would need to do is change the command to whatever you want it to be, and have it execute your .bat file. If you want a cooldown, just simply have a boolean variable that flips when the command is used, and then after a set period of time flips back, and then simple check that variable when the command is used.

That’s cool, but when I try to open the JavaScript in cmd with “node bot.js” it gives me this error:

username: lyricalstring_lightsbot,
          ^

ReferenceError: lyricalstring_lightsbot is not defined
at Object. (C:\Users\alexm\Desktop\bot.js:6:15)
e[90m at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1151:30)e[39m
e[90m at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1171:10)e[39m
e[90m at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1000:32)e[39m
e[90m at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:899:14)e[39m
e[90m at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:71:12)e[39m
e[90m at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47e[39m

Could you help me?

Additionally to my reply, I removed the <> symbols of the 3 variables because if not it said "SyntaxError: Unexpected token ‘<’ "

The values that are wrapped in < > in the example are for you to replace with what your username/OAuth token is.

The reason you are getting a not defined error with your username is because it’s a string, you need to put it in single or double quotes, eg 'lyricalstring_lightsbot' or "lyricalstring_lightsbot". Same for the OAuth token used as the password, it’s a string so has to be in quotes, or a variable that you’ve already defined.

If you are inexperienced with Javascript/NodeJS I recommend either connecting to chat using a library in a language you’re more familiar with, or reading through some introduction to NodeJS guides to understand the basics.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.