HTTP + potential Chat Requests in Objective C

Hey Guys!

So I’m completely new to the world of Objective C and I’m looking to create an IOS app that makes alerts reacting to new followers and subscribers etc.

I’ve shopped around google looking for code examples and haven’t found anything related to Objective C explicitly, because I’m quite new to any language outside of Java I’m finding it hard to translate the examples into O-C.

Also, do I have to get pinged from the chat to receive notifications on new followers, or is there an easier way to do that? As far as I understand, if I go through the general API I just get a list of current followers.

I’m also getting confused on how to request correctly with Objective-C.

I’m happy to figure it all out, but can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Followers are all handled through the followers API. Chat is used for subs and many other things but not followers. You have to poll the API, cache, poll again, and diff between the last call and current call. Please be aware that caching is between 1 - 3 minutes, so there is no need to hammer the API. :slight_smile:

For other chat-related things, I would look into an IRC library for Obj-C that can help with chat parsing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.