We’re rolling out a new management console for accessing Twitch Extensions today!
- Lower latency : Get back to your development with low wait times on page loads.
- Version cloning : Clone any previous version of your Extensions with one click, allowing you to rapidly create development branches that you can test simultaneously before selecting a release candidate.
- Add whitelist users by Twitch username : When testing your Extension, you can search for whitelist users by Twitch username, making it easy to collaborate with others as you take your Extension to market.
- Easy secret management : Find Twitch API and Extension credentials in one place, so it is easy to get every critical variable you need to continue development.
- UX improvements : Our refreshed design organizes information closer to how Extensions operate on Twitch and how information is reflected in the Extensions Directory. We’ve also provided in-context guidance so you know what to do next during any extension state.
We’ve also improve the top level page to provide you a better at-a-glance view of the resources you manage on Twitch. If you are a game developer, you can register your game to get access to manage game box art, view Twitch insights or create Drops campaigns. See this document for more information.
Amazing! How do I get started?
Just login to your Developer Console via dev.twitch.tv/console.
(Note the slight change in URL, where all products will be available via the /console root, vs. /dashboard. Also, for keen eyed developers, glass.twitch.tv URLs will no longer exist moving forward.)
- String Localization: We’re localizing the Developer Console in 27 different languages. Some strings may fall back to English as we continue this effort.
Approval Emails: You may receive more than one email when approved for release. We don’t mean to spam! This will be fixed soon after launch.
- Extension name may include a random number: The name of your extension reflects the name of the API Client behind the scenes, which we add a random string to ensure uniqueness. You can change the API Client name under the new “Authorization Settings” screen on the console.
- Extension deletion can only occur after creating a version: If you create an extension without creating a version, and then attempt to delete it, you will not be able to delete the extension.
- Creating/Cloning new versions will not transfer image or file assets: We will only transfer the fields like name, summary etc. We are working to support image transfer.