I used this source for my first Twitch Chat Bot, and it was working absolutely fine for like 3-4 months:
I modified it and bot is not spamming anything, it writes only once every 2-3 minutes and the messages are always different. (There are no ! commands, I use Nightbot for that). The bot obviously is /mod
As already said, it was working fine for months, until these last weeks, where I noticed a huge amount of “skipped” message, there is no particular rule or timing, I checked kinda every scenario, the bot just doesnt write in chat, like if the credentials are wrong, or it loses the connection. But the next round, after 2 min~, it writes back again, so it isn’t shadowbanned? Otherwise I would be locked up for 30minutes or something.
I didn’t change one single line and all of the sudden this weird behaviour happened, forcing me to do some changes:
- Original code was including a Ping once every 5 minutes, but since it was writing only once in 2 minutes I never used the Ping function, and it always worked flawlessly for months. Now since the skipped messages, I included back the Ping, but still it doesn’t write some messages.
- I changed the irc.twitch.tv to irc.chat.twitch.tv, still skipping some messages
- I forced the 6667 port on my windows settings, still skipping some messages
- I tried to change the oauth token requesting a new one, still skipping some messages.
- I tried to launch multiple times the same bot, like let’s say bot1, bot2, bot3, and they all do the same problem, sometimes bot1 doesn’t write, or sometimes bot2 doesn’t write, or sometimes bot3 doesn’t write. The curious thing is when bot1 skips message, the bot2 doesn’t, or bot3 skips message but bot1 doesn’t, so the bot is not banned, and it didnt lose the connection…Even if I launch multiple istances of the bot, they don’t interfere with each other, but every one of them, once in a while, skips message.
Its so random that I don’t know where to ask for help, I know the code is correct, otherwise it shouldn’t write at all (at the end if worked for months, so why it stopped now?), but now lets say 1 out of 15 times, it skips writing. Again, no particular reason, or timing, and no dupicate message.
I tried contacting Twitch and I got an auto-reply message based on the keywords on my message so I don’t even waste my time on Twitch bot assistance.
Im looking for some real human person that can help me figuring out what could be the issue, because Im literally becoming crazy.
Any help is appreciated, many thanks! And have nice holidays!