IRC latency when PINGing too frequently

Hi there,

I am working on a bot since a certain time, and I actually handle the case of message not being terminated when sent as ‘data’ chunk by chunk.

The thing is, i have a guard, checking each 4 minutes if the client havent got any ping from twitch, which is supposed to ping us every 5-ish minutes. As expected, 4 minutes after last ping, my program pings the server, and twitch seems to not answer me; around 10 seconds later, i get a VERY BIG quantity of data, which was meant to be sent one by one as regular;

Is the action to ping too early the tmi server causing the 10 seconds delay before twitch sends me data again?
I, for now, have set the pong request for a check every 5.5 minutes, in case it was the reason.

Could I get a reason why the tmi server would delay the data transfer towards my client?

Thanks!
Hugo

I haven’t noticed such behavior myself, also pinging the server frequently. I’ll double check my logs though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.