Issues connecting to group chats

I am connecting to group chat IRC the same way I am connecting to the regular IRC servers. I just created a new instance of the ircClient and I connect randomly to one of the following IPs on port 6667.

Once I request a connect I wait for the 001 response. Sometimes it comes, sometimes it doesn’t. I do not understand why I cannot consistently connect to the group server. Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?

I have seen a few of your streams, so going based on what I suspect is happening:

1. Connect to the server
    1a. SLEEP(1000)
  2. Send your login credentials
  3. other stuff

Thanks. I will give that a try and see if it makes any difference.

I’m also wondering if this is because I may be reconnecting before it detected that I had disconnected?

Unlikely, if you create a new connection twitch treats it as a new connection. It doesn’t try to re-establish connectivity to the old connection.

The only reason I thought that was because I know the regular IRC servers behave different if you connect to a channel your account is already in. It won’t send the channel users through a 353 response, it will eventually send them all as individual JOINs.

I’ll let you know if the delay doesn’t work, but it doesn’t look like this is a common issue, so it must be something I’m doing, although the same connection to irc.twitch.tv has never gave me any trouble.

I see the same, sometimes I try a connection and it just doesn’t do anything.

So I just disconnect shuffle the deck and reconnect

I am finding this is more than sometimes. It fails to connect more often than it successfully connects. I’ve just coded a 10 second reconnect attempt if it doesn’t respond.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.