List of users that make up the viewer_count number

Hello,

new to twitch dev here. I wanted to confirm some stuff I have been reading regarding viewer list. It seems like there is no way to get the list of viewers that that makes up the “viewer_count” field in “helix/streams” endpoint? This data is for twitch only. has this changed recently at all or is this still true?

If above is not possible, I can technically get list of users who are in IRC for the channel but this will not necessarily reflect the correct number of viewers? I have been seeing huge discrepancies between the two counts.

Thanks

Game developers also have a limited access to the list of viewers, but requires both the channel and viewers to opt-in, and that viewer data is only available to the game dev while that game is being played.

The chatters endpoint is undocumented, so can and will break/change without warning, and like you’ve mentioned it is significantly different from actual viewers so if it’s suitable for you depends entirely on your use case.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.