Live Config (Dashboard) Popout Size + Trigger Control?

Some questions relating to the popout window functionality for live config (live dashboard view.)

1. Is there a way to control the size of this popout in any way? In testing various extensions it seems that sometimes it’s shorter or taller but haven’t seen it be wider. Curious what’s determining size and if it’s something we can influence or control?
  2. Is there a way to trigger the popup or a similar popup from within our extension live config view?
  3. Related to #2 above, are there known issues with popup blockers and the new popout?

I can test #3, but hoping for input on the first two.

1. I believe it’s using the “Panel Height” from Extension->Manage A Version->Version->“Asset Hosting”. Currently there is no width controls

2. Config panel’s should be able to use the usual new window or popup methods, the JS Extension helper currently doesn’t let you invoke the popup. If you do a custom call to popup a window, the JS helper likely will not work (for JWT Verification etc). But it would be useful to for the JS helper to allow the popup to be called, and when done to trigger a JS callback on load or something…

But there is a the “Client Query Parameters” of popout argument to check. Anyway, I’ve gone off on a tangent…

1. Always is the short answer, Popup blockers can always misfire and will always get in the way as they update to try and get around people trying to do legitimate triggers. So far all good, but who knows what other people install in their browsers…
1 Like