Hey Guys, I’m new to this so any help would be much appreciated.

I’m currently looking to start building a website for my Partner “The streamer of the house hold”
& I’ve only ever used Builders such as Wix / Squarespace.

I was wondering if it is possible to create a log in button with people using there twitch credentials to log in, to build a database for players to join a que to play wither her & to see if they are subbed to the channel or not to allow them to join.

a good example of what I’m looking to achieve is https://loeya.tv/ (which demonstrates all I need to be able to do.)

I hope this all makes sense many thanks!

Yes

Authentication is covered here Authentication | Twitch Developers it uses oAuth

And Reference | Twitch Developers or Reference | Twitch Developers covers doing subscription checks

Hey Barry,

Thank you for such a quick response, with regards to the oAuth etc, do you know if this is something that can be done inside a website builder such as Wix or Squarespace? Sorry for the repeat of a question, if so is this something id have to learn to code for? :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

If using implicit auth perhaps.

But I would never ever use any of these website builders. They tend to have weird restrictions in place/limitations

Stand alone would give you the most flexibility to do what yo uwant.

Okay mate thank you! How would one go about starting to use the “Implicit Auths”

& on the flip side what would you recomend to start using / learn to start going stand alone!

Sorry about all the questions man!

Implicit is documented here Getting OAuth Access Tokens | Twitch Developers

Pick a language, find some learning tools for it (codeacademy is generally pretty good) and go from there

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.