As some of you have noticed and commented on, filtering streams by type in the new Twitch API currently isn’t working properly. Until we are in a position to better address the issue, and Video Producer is further along in its development, we’re going to disable filtering streams by type.
Don’t worry, we’re going to do this in a way that should keep your integrations functioning. This will be the new behavior until we are able to provide filtering by type:
- Only live streams are supported
- If no type is specified, the results will only contain streams of type “live”
- If type is specified to be “all,” your results should contain only streams of type “live.”
- If type is specified to be “live,” your results should continue to return as expected.
- If type is specified to be “vodcast,” your results will be an empty array.
The documentation will be updated shortly to remove “type” support from the Get Streams API.
We are sincerely grateful for your patience as we work towards making our third-party APIs for Twitch as reliable as possible.