Notice of upcoming changes: deprecating the TWITCHCLIENT command

Will the NOTICE changes be something we subscribe to, or will it all just turn on at a random time one of these days for every client?

And does “changing more” mean you’ll be changing some one day, and some other at a later time?

Keep in mind with the join restrictions it takes like half a day just to rejoin all chats after a patch.

You will receive NOTICE commands by requesting the commands capability. We’re planning to roll over existing jtv messages into NOTICE messages in one group just prior to removing TWITCHCLIENT.

I’ve updated our documentation to include NOTICE and GLOBALUSERSTATE commands.

I also forgot to mention previously that CLEARCHAT and HOSTTARGET messages are no longer sent as “jtv” admin messages, and only as commands (including TWITCHCLIENT users).

1 Like

it would be nice to have all possible values of NOTICE’s msg-id in the documentation as well.

1 Like

Done, the documentation now includes a list of msg id values and their associated text

How are subscriptions going to be announced?

Should be from twitchnotify like usual unless otherwise stated, though sending notices for them instead is not off the table

How will GLOBALUSERSTATE work? Will it be the same as USERSTATE (for local user only, same tags), just with no channel?

Edit: I noticed it’s already being sent:

@color=#9ACD32;display-name=tduvaTest;emote-sets=0;emotesets=0;turbo=0;user-type=;user_type= :tmi.twitch.tv GLOBALUSERSTATE

Hmm, PRIVMSG tags don’t seem to have emote-sets, and I’m not quite sure how USERSTATE messages are actually sent. I have all 3 caps enabled, yet I only get a single USERSTATE line when I first connect and nothing afterwards.

Can’t find anything more about this in the documentation, could anyone expand on how to get emoteset info?

Heads up - over the next hour or two we’ll be removing the metadata privmsgs sent for TWITCHCLIENTs (USERCOLOR, EMOTESET, etc).

This update will also remove some deprecated tags (user_type, emotesets) since all our official clients are using the correct user-type, emote-sets tags.

1 Like

PRIVMSG no longer has an emote-sets tag after this update. Intentional?

PRIVMSG never had emote-sets, but the USERSTATE does. You need to instead parse the emotes tag.

It had “emotesets” (not “emote-sets”), I got it off PRIVMSG just yesterday during some testing, from what I can remember.

Then maybe it was a bug? I’d refer to the docs: https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/blob/master/chat/capabilities.md#userstate-1

Is there a cross-walk to identify which emote-sets belong to which channels?

The only type of API is third party (thanks to @george for making it): http://twitchemotes.com/api_cache/v2/sets.json

1 Like

Heads-up everyone: later today we plan on retiring the remaining “jtv admin” style messages and replacing them with the new-stye NOTICE messages.

We’ll also be removing HISTORYEND messages, so if your application happens to use HISTORYEND to detect when you’ve joined a room, you should instead be listening on the JOIN server command.

@jrizzo Looks like the error id for trying to host someone when not a Twitch editor is the same one you get for trying to time someone out when you’re not a moderator. Any chance editor permissions and mod permissions can be separated into different ids? At the moment the msg-id is “no_permission.”
It’s creating issues with “Do I not have Twitch editor privileges, or am I not being detected as a mod?.”

The NOTICE is “@msg-id=no_permission :tmi.twitch.tv NOTICE #moocat :You don't have permission to perform that action.

EDIT: This applies to both the /host and /unhost commands.

Still not showing who triggered the clearchat? :pensive:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.