Partnered Account for Testing Purposes

I searched the user voice and here for related topics.

User Voice only had one or two relative to API testing, and it was only for specific things. I upvoted one, but then made my own since I couldn’t find one relative to what I was suggesting, as the others were very specific to different parts of the API.

The forum goes to many posts relative to my topic (including this one), and many that aren’t super relative, but still about testing in general:

This thread we are talking in shows a staff member replying 6 years ago saying it’s a good idea, but with no response.

Here’s one where you were condescending to a user when they were clear in what they were asking.

Here’s another where you mention “which is quite trivial to meet the requirements of” in a condescending way. Should a developer really farm a Twitch account for days just to be able to test Affiliate features?

In this one, you mention:

…everyone has made do perfectly fine so far by just creating mock data based on the docs to test their functions.

Okay, people have “made do”, but is that really an excuse to stop asking for the feature when so many people want it and it would be a huge improvement in the API?

There is clearly a huge desire for this sort of functionality (since it is standard with almost every other API in existence). Or at least in the case of many APIs, making test accounts is easy and doesn’t cost anything most of the time if they don’t have a built-in functionality.