Problems With Twitch IRC

ok, iv been trying to join twithc irc on 6 dirrerent ip’s and 2 domains but none of them work when i connect and send my oauth then nick i dont get any reply i made shure that my app have the correct oauth and it still doesnt work,

the ip’s and domains
{
irc.twitch.tv”,
irc.chat.twitch.tv”,
“34.208.172.17”,
“35.167.244.71”,
“52.24.91.39”,
“52.25.27.117”,
“52.34.130.18”,
“52.89.61.45”,
}

the way i connect in C#
int Connect(string host,int port)
{
Twitch = new TcpClient(host, port);
w = new StreamWriter(Twitch.GetStream());
r = new StreamReader(Twitch.GetStream());
if (Twitch.Connected)
{
WRITE(“PASS oauth:”);
WRITE(“NICK dedady157_2”);//make a twitch bot account
return 0;
}
else return 1;
}

then i just wait 100ms then look to see if the server replyed if it didnt i go to the next ip\domain

First of all don’t post a valid oauth token publicly, it is like a password and has to be kept confidential. Everyone could log into chat with it under the associated account. If you did post if publicly go to the Twitch settings and Disconnect the app it belongs to, so the token becomes invalid.

In regards to your code, I don’t know C# that well and it doesn’t appear to be all the code, so it’s hard to tell exactly what’s going on. Does the WRITE() function insert an \r\n at the end of the line? You need that in the IRC protocol to finish any message you send.

Also where did you get the IPs from? You should always resolve irc.twitch.tv to get the current set of IPs to connect to, since they can change.

it isnt a valid oauth and yes i use writeline and readline insted of write and read

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.