Query for top clips from multiple channels returning only clips from one random channel

For the past couple months I’ve been using the API to query all clips from the past day from a list of channels. It’s been working fine, but recently it’s started returning clips from only one channel in the list, seemingly chosen at random. Refreshing the page (and thus re-running the request) will return clips from a different channel in the list. Any item in the list regardless of position may be returned, but never more than one.

Here’s a stripped down sample request:

var queryURL = 'https://api.twitch.tv/kraken/clips/top?channel=rocketleaguecentral,ocerocketleague,rocketstreetlive,boostlegacy,teambeyondnet&period=day&limit=100';
var ajax = jQuery.ajax({
    type: 'GET',
    url: queryURL,
	headers: {
		'Client-ID' : '***',
		'Accept' : 'application/vnd.twitchtv.v5+json',
	},
	success: function(data) {
		console.log(data);
	}
});

Each time I run that request it’ll properly return clips from a random one of the channels, but never from more than one. The first channel in the list does seem to be returned a little more than half of the time, but it’s not particularly predictable.

Like I said, this was working fine until very recently (I think it stopped working last night, but it’s possible it was earlier and I didn’t notice), and I made a codepen (using my client ID) that had the same results.

Please let me know if there’s any more information I can provide, or any tests you think I should run. Thanks!

Let me know if this is an ongoing issue. There was a temporary change yesterday that could’ve affected this, but it has since been reverted.

1 Like

Seems to be working now, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.