Question about api scopes [js jdk]

Hello there

I’ve created simple app for my website, which checks sum of followers of a specific channel on twitch and makes users access to certain area of the websit(ex: if followers count is more than 1000, access is granted). I don’t want to use scope ‘channel_read’ because it tells users, that the ‘streaming key’ will be served to the third-party web and some people may not be happy because of seeing that. Can I get around this somehow? Verification process goes through js then php(twitch api) for double checks etc.

I’m not native speaker, so forgive me if I’ve said something completly wrong :confused:

You can check /kraken/channels/:channel/follows with an unauthenticated call: https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/blob/master/v3_resources/follows.md#get-channelschannelfollows

For verifying a login of a user you could request user_read or even no scope at all and look at the /kraken root for the name of the authenticated user.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.