Refunding Channel Points Error 403

Hello everyone.

So I created some Channel Point rewards and I can detect when they are redeemed. So what I want to do is refund them through code. This is because the viewer might refund something that’s on a cooldown in my game. So I have a test script that waits for someone to redeem a reward, grabs the id from there, and then after about 5 seconds sends a request to refund it. When I do, I get the error.

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden and the docs say Forbidden: The Custom Reward was created by a different client_id or Channel Points are not available for the broadcaster

So it says it was created by a different client, but I made the reward from the twitch website using my main account. The client id / access token also has been generated with my main account. I did notice this line at the start.

" Only redemptions for a reward created by the same client_id as attached to the access token can be updated."

So that’s my situation and now I’m wondering if I need to create and delete the rewards in code. That somehow my client id on the website is different from the client id I got when I generated my token. So that’s what I’ll be trying next.

Any information on this is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Rewards created on Twitch can only be managed on Twitch.

For an app to manage rewards/redemptions it has to be a reward that is created by that app using the Create Custom Rewards endpoint. Once your app has created a reward it will be able to manage redemptions, so for example if you wanted to refund a redemption you could Update Redemption Status of one of your rewards redemptions to CANCELED

That was the issue, I created the reward in code and now I’m able to refund. Thanks for the confirmation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.