Remove multiple followers from channel

Hello, and thank you in advance!

Question:

How to remove multiple (a number or range) of followers from a channel?

What I know from researching your examples:

curl -X DELETE 'https://api.twitch.tv/helix/users/follows?from_id=57059344&to_id=41245072' \
-H 'Authorization: Bearer 2gbdx6oar67tqtcmt49t3wpcgycthx' \
-H 'Client-Id: wbmytr93xzw8zbg0p1izqyzzc5mbiz'

Please show an example of how could I remove more than just one follower? (a range), say the last 1000 follows etc.

Reason:

As I’m sure you are aware, there has been a huge influx of follower bots hitting channels on Twitch lately,
I moderate for around 8-9 channels, all been hit hard over the last week, much worse than usual.
Usually, we do what everyone else does, use “CommanderRoot”, the problem is that this service has been down for sometime now and will be for atleast another few days, according to their website.
Its to the point where they are all considering moving their community to a different platform.

Rant:

How does Twitch expect someone to delete over 1000 fake followers without the correct tools for them to do so? delete one-by-one? that would take DAYS to complete.
This should really be part of Twitch core functionality (in the streamer dashboard) and not an external service fetching the Twitch developers API.

Again, thank you so much! its really appreciated! (I realise this is no fault of the devs here, you all do an amazing job on the API!)

You should follow Twitch’s help article on follow bots Twitch Help Portal which instructs you to do nothing, as Twitch will ban the bots (and has been doing).

Using 3rd party tools like that provided by CommanderRoot can actually be harmful to your channel as it’s possible to either misuse the tool and block all followers, or even if you limit it to just his ‘bot list’ you’ll still block legitimate users as his bot list has proven to contain false-positives.

So to answer your question,

Twitch expects you to follow the help article on the matter and not block them at all, as Twitch will appropriately deal with the bots themselves without the same risk of tools by people like Root which have a harmful impact on your own channel.

Using the API to block users would take days because while you’re attempting to use it in a way that is allowed, it’s not a way in which it was designed for.

1 Like

Additionally this example requires authorization from from_id and this would remove you from following them.

Not what your end goal is, which is to remove people from following you, there is no API to do that

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.