Removing my app from a Twitch user's connections with Twitch's 'revoke' OAuth API

Hello,

I want Twitch users to be able to disconnect their Twitch account connection to my app from my website.

I expect this to work such that a connection to my app will no longer be shown in the users’ Settings >> Connections >> Other Connections listing on the Twitch website after completing the disconnect action from my website.

I thought that successfully revoking the Twitch user’s valid access token (Authentication | Twitch Developers), which I am able to do, should do this (I can see that the user’s access token is no longer valid after my call to Twitch’s revoke API).

However, upon testing this feature, I noticed that the connection to my app will still be listed in the Twitch user’s Settings >> Connections >> Other Connections listing, where the user can still choose to manually disconnect my app, even though I already successfully completed a call to Twitch’s revoke API.

Is revoking a Twitch user’s valid access token the correct way to have my app no longer appear in the Twitch user’s Settings >> Connections >> Other Connections listing on the Twitch website, or is there something that must be done if I want to do this?

Thanks, and please let me know if you need any more details about this issue.

Using the Revoke API only kills that Access Token.

It doesn’t terminate a link between your app and the user.

That only revokes that single Access Token.

It doesn’t cancel all Access Tokens.

Additionally it does NOT revoke Refresh Tokens.

All this endpoint does is disable the specified Access Token in the request.

Thats becuase the “link” still exists.

Things such as EventSub don’t need any active access tokens on file since they check if permitted another way

There is no API to do this.

The only way to do this is to direct the user to go to that page on Twitch and revoke it manually themselves.

OK. I see. Thanks for the response.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.