Search API insight

I wanted to open this thread to see if we could get some information about how the search API works internally.

This is not about how the API is to be called, that is very well explained in the documentation, but more about how the search engine works or uses the query to obtain their results.

In all the other API’s one can mentally map the results of the requests and their responses to a certain logic and interaction between all the documented objects, but when it comes to interpret the search api it gets more diffuse.

I think it would be a great deal to know to make the most of it. For instance, I would like to know if there are special operators we can used like exact matches, wildcards, or other types of operators we could use in our searches. I also think it would be nice to know where is the search query applied from within the streams/channel data structures, like for instance: is the search query applied to usernames? channel status? games? languages? all combined? is there a way to restrict the search to a single field?

I don’t know if it’s too much to ask, but I figured I’d give it a try :slight_smile:

Also if the quickest answer is “we’re using the search engine library XXXXX, go take a look at their documentation” that also works for me!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.