Search by title not possible?

Does somebody know how I can search in stream titles?

Since yesterday this was posible with the kraken API. For some reason and without any changelog this doesn’t work any longer.
With the helix API it is also not possible even though it should be possible.

Same here… is that endpoint broken?

In fact I think it also affects the main website…

1 Like

Until the 1. or 2. Oktober the search was working fine using Helix. But now it´s only searching the Channel name stuff like the title seems to be ignored.

1 Like

This is interesting because from my perspective I have never seen it working on Helix.

Same here, since a few days my site doesn’t work anymore to search for GTA RP servers by their title.

When I try to search by the name of the streamer, the game or something else it works. But as soon as I try to search by the title it doesn’t work anymore.

Can we get any news from twitch about that ?

Funny, I was doing the same. Searching for a GTA RP server by the stream title.

Solution: Load all GTA streams with something like the PHP code snippet below (And change the language parameter) and then iterate through everything. Check the stream titles with the string contains function of your programming language.

while (True) {
        $curl_h = curl_init("https://api.twitch.tv/helix/streams?game_id=32982&language=de&first=100" . $pagination_cursor);

Yeah I was thinking of this solution, I was checking how to get more than 100 responses from the api right now in case of haha.

first=100 then paginate. Rough pagination example of the streams endpoint Twitch | Browser Categories Example

1 Like

This uservoice is currently marked as “investigating” so it would seem that Twitch are aware and are investigating.

1 Like