Single application to multiple organizations

What if we have a common website for multiple organizations, and we want to implement twitch connection for users in order to use twitch drops and allow users to get rewards on the website from the twitch. Is is possible to create one twitch application and associate it with multiple twitch organizations in drops so user will have to make only single twitch connection to his website account and then claim rewards on twitch from multiple organizations? The problem at now that it seems like I should strictly associate my twitch application to my organization (1 to 1), and whether we should implement multiple connections to different twitch application (every application will be associated with its organization) or force every company to register their games under some “common” organization registered on twitch (which can be illegal), so both these solutions don’t seem acceptable.
Are there possible workarounds here?

A clientID can only be owned by a single user or a single organisation.

In this example you’d need the game(s) to be owned by the same organisation as a game can only be owned by a single organisation.

So basically you cannot do what you describe.

Logically here you need seperate clientID’s for seperate games as each developer will implement drops in their own system seperately

Additionally viewers would prefer seperate applications they may go into their connected applications list and disconnect game a but you want to label your integration as megacorp 1 so viewers will be confused when they want ti disconnect only game a and not game b

For our cases it’s not critical that user will be disconnected from all games after unlinking application, the same behavior implemented by Blizzard for example, so I will be connected to all their games and disconnected at once, its ok. But Blizzard is the single company what unite several games, in our case we want to unite several companies (aka organizations) under single application in order to force users link their accounts to twitch only once. May be is it possible and can be implemented somehow? I understand what there not much examples at the moment but we assume such scenario.

But the user might only want to disconnect a single game and can’t was my point

Blizzard are the developer and publisher, so they run one clientID as they have on central source of truth, a users blizzard ID. So a unfair comparsion unless you are running a central user account system for all games, (Blizzard, paradox and others do this, central launcher, cental user accounts)

It’s not currently supported, unless your organistation owns all the games rather than the developers under you the publisher/top level developer.

Blizzard are the developer and publisher, so they run one clientID as they have on central source of truth, a users blizzard ID. So a unfair comparsion unless you are running a central user account system for all games, (Blizzard, paradox and others do this, central launcher, cental user accounts)

Yes I assume that we are the owners of all our companies and we have a common website.

It’s not currently supported, unless your organistation owns all the games rather than the developers under you the publisher/top level developer.

Is it possible in some way if we are?

well if you have claimed all the games you want to under your organisation then I believe you can attribute the same cleintID to any drops campaign under that org.

there would be no problem here if our games were registered under one organization, but we have several of them, for different reasons we can’t unite all the games under single organization

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.