Some problems with the embedded player and quality auto detection

Since the switch to the new embedding system in the last days, I have had some problems with the player embedded on our website, which probably also cost us some viewers. For example, the stream quality in the automatic standard setting is always displayed in a lousy 160p quality, although we send in 480p60 (852*480 pixel). The same thing happens with other resolutions like 720p60. The player auto detection only works with 30 pictures, tested with the current version of Firefox and Opera. It is definitely not because of the internet bandwith, because as soon as you manually set the embedded player to “Source”, in which we also stream, everything is back to normal. But as soon as you leave our website with the embedded stream and then call it up again, everything is back at 160p. So nothing seems to be saved anymore.

As for stream software, I have been using a normal, albeit older, version of OBS (version 0.659b) as I have for many years, but it still works quite normally and reliably. So it won’t be because of that.

Our stream site with the embedded player can be found here: https://www.radio-paralax.de/videostream-chat-wide/

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The great big “I’m using WIX/SomeWebsiteMaking Tool and I don’t know how to fix my embed” thread

A post was merged into an existing topic: The great big “I’m using WIX/SomeWebsiteMaking Tool and I don’t know how to fix my embed” thread

@BarryCarlyon I cannot replicate the issue you are having. All of my embed tests resuse the last manual setting or defaults to auto. You might have something going on environmentally on your machine. I don’t know but it needs to be followed up on your existing thread not this thread please.

As desired, I will reply to your last message here in this thread.

I had our stream tested by several viewers and everyone reported that streams at 60 fps were not recognized correctly, either by the embedded player or on the Twitch channel page. It currently looks like this:

480p60 (852 * 480 pixels, 60 fps) - Detected as a 160p stream
I’m currently streaming over it for testing purposes. Try it here and compare it to the source format: Twitch

480p30 (852 * 480 pixels, 30 fps) - Detected as a 160p stream
720p60 (852 * 480 pixels, 30 fps) - Is initially recognized as a 160p stream, then as a 360p stream
720p30 (1280 * 720 pixels, 60 fps) - Is initially recognized as a 160p stream, then with luck as a 360p stream

So you have the problem on the main Twitch Website, it’s not limited to embeds?

@BarryCarlyon Yes, I have it with both. And I didn’t have this issues some months ago. I notify it during my last show on saturday evening 8:00 p.m. (German time).

Now I have a completely different problem: My e-mail address of my test channel was apparently deleted because it was not used for too long and now I no longer have access to my second Twitch account, which I use for test purposes. Is there any way that I can log in again and change the email address? :frowning:

You have to open a ticket with Twitch on the support site for account issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.