Special "Affiliate" or "Associate" status for Developers?

Hello,

I think it would be nice to have a special status as a developer on Twitch. As an Extension developer I often have to deal with stuff in extensions like Channel Points and Subscriptions but can’t test them on my channel, be it either during production or during the “Approval” phase by the Twitch staff because I am neither Affiliate nor Partner with Twitch. I do not stream, so for me it would be impossible to get either status, but I certainly do need the functionalities they offer on my channel, just so I can test my extensions correctly.

Thank you,
WX

that is not something currently supported

Feature requests can be made against

https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310213-developers

Or find a friendly affiliate/partner to work with

For extensions the review team will install the extensions to one of their test channels to test subscriber functionality

For extensions the review team will install the extensions to one of their test channels to test subscriber functionality

The problem here is that to even build the “Subscriber” functionality I need to have access to them, I need to test during the production process to see if it works, the “Approval” phase is not a testing phase.

that is not something currently supported

I haven’t used the Developer Rig in a while, but can I suggest maybe adding this sort of “functionality” to the Rig? It could be as simple as a spoof subscriber or channel point event-triggering button… if adding a special status for developers isn’t something you guys plan on doing.

EDIT: Just as an idea, the button could send a packet of info to the twitch API server, the server would trigger a “fake” subscriber event and would return to the frontends that are listening to it a JSON response that is a modified subscriber event, with additional properties like false-subscription: “true”.

Channel points are totally separate to extensions. So I don’t expect the rig to add anything for channel points

The Rig will let you spoof the “is sub status available” in the view

For everything else most of us use mock/test data.

I’m not Twitch, just another developer, for clarity

For everything else most of us use mock/test data.

You’re right, I didn’t think about doing that at all… I guess it could work just fine for testing purposes… if there’s no other choice. The problem is that you still have to get an example of a regular subscription event response, same for channel points…

All in all, it’s just another pain point to be honest.
We’re supposed to be adding functionalities to our extensions we can’t even test in the field.

In an extension there is no “event” beyond

window.Twitch.ext.viewer.onChanged

Which only tells you the data has changed so then you call the subscriptionStatus object

And the docs are pretty clear on what the sub data is

window.Twitch.ext.viewer.subscriptionStatus

null

or

{tier:1000}

or 2000/3000

So not sure what “events” you are after when in the context of an Extension?

So not sure what “events” you are after when in the context of an Extension?

I was thinking about events or “messages” you receive if you listen to the PubSub endpoint, for example, through WebSockets.

And the docs are pretty clear on what the sub data is

You’re right, It’s clearer now, I have to do all of this manually, set myself up a function or two to test “mock” events, it’s the only way.

https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference[](https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/api/reference)

Thank you Barry.

That was unclear since you led with this being about extensions rather than in general :smiley:

Hello,

I was wondering if a “developer” status has been created since?
Or if there is another way as a developer to have affiliate status in order to be able to test requests that use channel points?

Thank you

This has not changed.

1 Like