Standalone Minigame in Extensions

Hi Everyone, I’m just figuring out the place so let me know if I’m in the wrong category.

I’m working on an overlay minigame that is a standalone unity project. Will I be able to publish it in Twitch Extensions?

If not, is there a popular alternative for the streaming community?

I’d like to avoid things such as Steam and it’s 30% cut. I have a minimal commission fee for bits earned in the game and don’t want to pass on additional expenses to the streamer.

Thank you in Advance :slightly_smiling_face:

hmm, if nobody knows, does anybody have an idea of who I can contact?

As far as I’m aware, Unity engine games can’t be used in Extentions, but if you want to know for sure you should make a quick test app and check for yourself the Twitch iframe even lets it be loaded.

I’m not quite sure what you’re on about here. Any bits transactions in an extension is always 80% to the broadcaster, 20% to the developer, there’s no changing that. Any transactions with real currency are not allowed within extensions.

Thanks Dist

I gave it a try and twitch balked saying I had “unsupported files” in the zip, which isn’t surprising. Perhaps there are exceptional ways to have a presence on the extensions page? I can do my own hosting and distribution, it’s the visibility I’d like to gain.

For the bits transactions, I won’t actually be working with the Twitch API so I’ll be tracking cheers and doing my own billing.

Extensions are just HTML, JS, CSS, and any media assets you may need. Anything that needs browser extensions/libraries isn’t supported, nor is anything that requires use of eval or similar.

For legal reasons that may be problematic, and not a very suitable business model even if you could get this off the ground. You should contact legal@twitch.tv as regardless of if what you want to do may technically be possible they may not allow you to do this for legal reasons.

ic, I wonder if they have support for extension entries that are just portals? Doubtful, but you never know.

The billing shouldn’t be an issue as it’s a royalty for game usage and not cheering. Bits just make a super convenient way of tracking activity. The triggering cheers are also selectable so activating the game is totally up to the streamer and their viewers.

But I’ll add it to the list of things to discuss with legal.

Thanks for the advice.