Stream up/down webhook problem/question

Hey guys,

I’m fairly new to working with API’s and especially webhooks but fortunately I’ve gotten the stream up/down end point working for me. I’m running it off my NodeJS server and it seems to work. I’m getting a POST request to my server with data pertaining to the stream; when a stream goes live and when it goes offline. But the problem I’m facing now is that it’s taking around 3 - 5 minutes to receive these notifications.

I’m not entirely sure if it’s a problem with my server, maybe it’s something to do with Twitch (I doubt it :<), or if it’s actually working as intended. Either way this a pretty big problem for me as I intended to use the data for a Discord bot that notifies the server when a streamer goes live.

The 3 to 5 minutes to receive a notification is normal. The webhooks are designed to be consistent with what the API returns, so when a stream goes up/down a notification is not sent until all of the API cache servers have been updated. They are trying to reduce the delay but it will always have some.

1 Like

Ah, it’s great to know it’s working as intended then! Thanks for the quick reply, I suppose I’ll go down another route for the Discord bot for now.

I wouldn’t, not really, most streamers have a 3-5 minute intro for exactly this reason.
It takes 3-5 minutes for all the going live notifications (email, mobile, third party, etc) to trigger.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a point I didn’t really consider. It’s definitely something that completely went over my head. Thanks for bringing it up lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.