Testing video_component.html locally (outside of Dev Rig)

First of all, sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching the forums and online but couldn’t find the solution.

I’m trying to use the simple Hello World extension (https://github.com/twitchdev/extensions-hello-world) and it works fine in the developer rig, however, the extension is tiny. I would like to develop the extension locally in my browser outside of the twitch developer rig. When I try to access video_component.html locally, twitch.ext.onAuthorized() never gets called. (The “Yes, I would” button never gets enabled.)

How do I test the video_component.html locally in the browser outside of the twitch developer rig? Do I need to configure twitch.ext manually, or call onAuthorize somehow?

I was considering passing in a debug flag to the url (ie. video_component.html?debug=true) where if it is present, configure twitch manually. Is this how you do it? And if so, how do I configure twitch? Or is it something else entirely?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

You don’t it has to be in the rig, or Twitch website, in order to to invoke the JS helper which ties into functions provided by Twitch.

This example extension hasn’t been modified/updated to work well in the new component design, or you didn’t set sensible values for the component scaling in the console

You could either fix this, or just skip the example extension, don’t get hung up on an example that doesn’t work correctly.

It’s sorta possible as an extension is JUST a webpage, if you intend to not use any of the JS functions provided by the helper, then you can skip the onAuthorised and just invoke, but you won’t be able to listen to pubsub updates and you don’t have a JWT to use to pass to your EBS for verification.

You need to understand the root cause, so you don’t make the same mistake in your own extension

The Video Component Sizing Parameters are incorrectly set, hence the tiny extension.

Thank you, I guess this answers my question.